[chirp_users] Thoughts on TH-F6A support and looking for D710 support

Dan Smith
Sat Feb 5 15:43:17 PST 2011

> Cool.  Curious, can I download directly from your repository (CVS, SVN,
> GIT, etc.)?  I haven't seen any URLs, instructions, etc. to do so.
> Probably intentional.

It's mercurial, and it's here:

  http://d-rats.com/hg/chirp.hg

I sent you instructions directly for getting a snapshot without having
to use mercurial.

> 1) if I go to http://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/trac and click on "See
> open tickets".  Nothing happens.  If I go to "View tickets" in the
> navigation bar, that works

Yes, sorry about that.

> 2) When creating a new bug, the TRAC interface doesn't know anything
> about 0.1.11

Yes, I'm lazy, sorry about that :)

> Btw.. if the vrious Kenwood radios are a little different, shouldn't the
> STDERR show something like PC->F6 instead of PC->D7?  Little misleading
> if that's supposed to represent the radio.

They all use the common routines, of which the TH-D7 was the first.  The
user(s) aren't supposed to see the stderr output, of course, and I know
better :)

> I'm glad I can help out as I've been looking for something like this for
> some time now!  I'm going to add your tool to my HamPacket documentation
> which is a Step-by-Step guide for
> creating a Linux-base HAM shack for VHF/UHF/HF TNC and "soundcard"
> packet, FLdigi, JT65, etc.
>
>     http://www.trinityos.com/HAM/index-ham.html

Great, thanks!