[chirp_users] Fedora Linux RPMs Available for New Daily Build

Mike Heitmann
Sat Dec 17 08:32:07 PST 2011

On Dec 17, 2011, at 6:02 AM, Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> A new daily build of CHIRP is available.  This includes changes made
> directly to the tree yesterday, and may include additional features,
> bug fixes, and/or bugs.  If you are interested in trying it, grab it
> from the following location:
>
>  http://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/chirp_daily/daily-12172011/

All,

Linux Fedora RPMs for the latest chirp-daily build are now available in
the KK7DS Ham-Apps yum repository.

To add the repository as a software source, please follow these
instructions:
http://www.d-rats.com/component/content/article/30-d-rats-yum-repository/

I know it says d-rats, the chirp files are in the same repository

After setting up the repository, open the "Add/Remove Software" tool and
go to "software sources" under the system menu. Make sure the "KK7DS Ham
Apps Beta Software" line is checked (enabled).

For some reason, the Fedora package manager likes the beta versions
better that the daily builds, so you may not see the daily release in
the list the first time you update. If you don't see it, open a terminal
window and enter:
yum update chirp-daily_12172011
Or:
yum update chirp-daily_12172011-1.fc16

That should install the latest daily build.

Happy Testing!

Mike, N0SO