[chirp_users] CHIRP files & memories sharing between different radios

Mike Heitmann
Wed Dec 7 20:52:49 PST 2011

On Dec 7, 2011, at 6:18 AM, "IZ5FSA, Leo" <iz5fsa at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a problem retrieving (re-opening) files saved in CHIRP format: "error: unable to open schema".
> Is there a bug or my config error?

Hi Leo,

I tried my IC92AD with version chirp-daily_12072011 on windows 7/32 bit - I was able to save and reload a file in .chirp format with no trouble. The XML files that usually cause that error for me ( if they are missing ) are all in the same folder as the chirp executable with the win32 distribution. There are three files: chirp.xsd, chirp_banks.xsd and chirp_memory.xsd. I'm wondering if you have a corrupted download.

 I will try it with XP next on a virtual machine.

Mike, N0SO