[chirp_users] CHIRP files & memories sharing between different radios

Mike Heitmann
Wed Dec 7 04:50:26 PST 2011

On Dec 7, 2011, at 6:18 AM, "IZ5FSA, Leo" <iz5fsa at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a problem retrieving (re-opening) files saved in CHIRP format: "error: unable to open schema".
> Is there a bug or my config error?

Hi Leo,

I see the "unable to open schema" message when the rpm binary install package fails to include the .xml files chirp needs to run.  On a Linux system they should be in /usr/share/chirp/. Look in that folder to see if it contains a few .xml files.

Are you installing the Fedora Linux rpm version of chirp?

Mike, N0SO