[chirp_users] file saving/exporting

David Singleton
Sun Aug 28 02:01:54 PDT 2011

Radio - Wouxun KG-UVD1P
O/S - Ubuntu 11.04
Chirp ver - Daily 08272011

I had just finished re-programming my radio (btw love the ability to move
channels around!) I saved the channels as wouxun.img and disconnected my
radio, closed CHIRP.

I decided that I wanted to verify a channel, so I started CHIRP again hit
file, open and selected wouxun.img, I received an error unknown file
format.  Thinking that CHIRP did not know what radio I wanted to look at, I
reconnected the radio read it then attempted to load wouxun.img again and
got the same file error.

ok, to try something else, I selected file, export and chose CHIRP as the
file format, a dialog box opened up prompting me to select which files to
export, however I was not able to select any, I hit the select all button,
nothing happened, I hit invert figuring that it would mark all of those not
marked, nothing happened,  I saved the file and then re-opened it and found
that it was a empty file.

I was able to export as  a CSV, and re-load the CSV with no problems.

Thank you for all of your hard work on this software!