[chirp_users] 8900 and NFM

Dan Smith
Sun Aug 21 16:26:38 PDT 2011

> Awesome, I will try to do this tomorrow morning before we head off on holiday.  Out of interest, is the binary format used by yaesu for the 8900 documented anywhere?  Do you have any reverse engineering notes?

By me? No, not really, other than in the code. The 8900 driver is the
same as the one for the 8800, 7800, etc, so it's not as straightforward
as some of the others. However, you can view the code and the memory
format definition here:

http://d-rats.com/hg/hgwebdir.cgi/chirp.hg/file/24bd89cc0959/chirp/ft7800.py

If you'd like do discuss further, lets take it to the chirp_devel list.

Thanks!