[chirp_users] 8900 and NFM

Simon Kapadia
Sat Aug 20 12:33:29 PDT 2011

Hi there,

I have an 8900, and I'd like to program the 6m and 2m repeaters in our local area using what Yaesu calls "Narrow FM" - 12.5khz deviation.  Unfortunately Chirp only seems to support FM and AM for this rig (checked using the latest build, and confirmed according to the support statement athttp://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/chirp_daily/daily-08202011/Model_Support.html).  Is there any way NFM could be added so that we can save repeaters with narrow FM set?  I believe that this should be possible with the image interface - when cloning between two rigs a while ago, I had a couple of repeaters that were set to narrow FM and they cloned in just fine...

Many thanks,

-simon

--
サイモン  M0GZP / 2E0LHR / M6IBM