[chirp_users] New Daily Build

Dan Smith
Thu Aug 18 09:31:12 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I added a new feature to the automatic build generation scripts today
which may be of interest to some folks. In addition to the "Changelog"
and "Test Report" files that get generated each day, there's now a
"Model Support" file in the build directory:

   http://trac.chirp.danplanet.com/chirp_daily/daily-08182011/

This table shows all of the radios that chirp supports, including which
features of each model are supported. Some of this is dictated by the
features the radio actually has, and others are determined by whether
chirp actually supports it for that radio. For example, the Icom 2820
has support for "Bank Index", but the Icom 2200 does not. Another
example is that the VX8 supports banks, but chirp doesn't support
reading/writing them yet.

The list also includes chirp's notion of things like the band limits,
memory range, modes, alphanumeric tag characters, etc for each model.

So, if you're wondering whether something should be supported for your
radio, you may want to consult the list. You might also consult the list
if you are attempting to set a name that you think is all valid
characters, but that chirp rejects as invalid.

I did this because there was a question raised about support for a
specific model and "split" duplex mode. This table should help people
determine which features are supported for each build. I hope it's
interesting to somebody other than me :)

Thanks!