[chirp_users] Yaesu FT-857/ft-897 support

David Ranch
Sat Aug 13 18:24:01 PDT 2011

I always thought you didn't want to use HamLib!  I've been under the
impression that many of the radios that you've been supporting under
Chirp have been supported under Hamlib for years.  I have Hamlib working
100% here so if you need a tester, let me know.

Btw.. the FT857/897's (and the Icom 706 / IC7000) are 4x4 rigs meaning
they support both HF, VHF, and UHF.  I'm not so worried about the HF
side for memories but I'd love to keep my Kenwood D710s, Kenwood TH-F6A,
Yaesu VX5, and now FT-857 repeater/simplex memories all sync'ed up!

--David