[chirp_users] [CHIRP] #89: Not all frequencies showing

Dan
Tue Apr 26 21:59:36 PDT 2011

Thank you for your response.
I hope this gets to who it needs too

I have attached two IMG files that I got from the radio. The one titled
"radio read" is how the radio reads as programmed. The other file titled
"Actual" shows the frequencies where they are. Basically memories 7-12
(there is also one on 6 but it is similar to the others) are where the
800MHz freq are. One "feature" of the VX8R that I have noticed is that when
a frequency is programmed into the radio that can only be received on
channel A, it is masked and skipped when moving through the memory channels
with channel B selected. This is a nice feature in that the user isn't
tuning to a non receivable freq on the B channel.
What I notice is that the CHIRP software does not see these entries just
like the channel B does not see them. But if you enter the frequencies into
CHIRP and send them to the radio, they appear on both the A & B channels
even though Channel B cannot actually tune to those frequencies. It is as if
the software is reading and writing to the B channel of the radio. I do not
know how the radio handles its memories. There must be something in the
firmware that makes the radio mask the frequencies from the B channel that
it cannot tune.

Thank you for a good product and I do hope my feedback helps to further the
usefulness of this product.

Dan
KF7ICX