[chirp_users] getting chirp to work with the id880?

Dan Smith
Mon Apr 25 07:29:22 PDT 2011

> I've just downloaded chirp, have it installed and am ready to
> see if I can get this connected to my id880h.  I'm looking under the
> "radio" menu, and I see options for Icom 9x, kenwods, but nothing for
> the 880hs.

You must be using an ancient version of CHIRP.  In recent versions, the
Radio menu has a unified download/upload for all models.  All Icoms are
auto-detected.

Where did you get your version?  Make sure you've got 0.1.11 from the
download page.