[chirp_users] Testing Guidelines

Dan Smith
Tue Nov 30 09:07:38 PST 2010

Hi all,

Thanks to those who have volunteered to be testers.  There are still a
bunch of unfilled spots on the list, so please let me know if you're
interested in "owning" the testing of one of the drivers:

   http://chirp.danplanet.com/content/chirp-qa

In order to help make the process more consistent, I have put together a
page of guidelines and procedures.  Included on this page is some
general overview information about how CHIRP works and some bug-like
behavior to look for specifically.  It also has some suggestions for
things to try to verify that CHIRP is operating properly for the radio
model you're testing.

If you are signed up to test a specific model, or are thinking about
doing so, please take a look at the following page:

   http://chirp.danplanet.com/content/testing-guidelines

It would be great if the people assigned to specific drivers could go
through that document and give me a "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" report
on the currently-available beta version.  This will get us rolling a
bit, and I'm sure will uncover some issues.

Thanks!