[chirp_users] CHIRP 0.1.11b2

Dan Smith
Sun Nov 7 13:20:39 PST 2010

Hi all,

I just posted 0.1.11b2.  I'd like to thank Ben Smith and Richard Farina
for their contributions as part of this round of changes.  They're
working on VX7 and VX8 enhancements and I'm very happy to have them
helping out.

The changes this time are:
- Catch and report errors when failing to save [Ben]
- Remove faulty FT-50R clone support for the time being
- Add support for opening, importing, and saving to VX7Commander
  files [Rick]
- Allow canceling a clone in progress
- Add odd-split support for the Yaesu radios [Rick]
- Allow importing from IC9x .ICF files
- Allow opening .ICF files directly (read-only)
- Add a warning pop-up if you try to "convert" an IC9x .ICF file
- Fix ID880 callsign lists and DV callsign editing per-location
- Add a new common data parsing base (currently used by vx8, id880,
  ic2820 drivers)

I would very much appreciate some testing of the new IC9x .ICF file
functions from those that asked for it.  Also, the vx8, id880, and
ic2820 are now using a new method for accessing the memory map that
should help reduce the potential for errors and clean up the code a lot.
 Since this is the first release with that subsystem, there are likely
to be some issues.  If you have one of these radios, please exercise
this version in those areas and report any issues you may encounter.

Thanks!