[chirp_users] 880H Beta

Dan Smith
Sun Feb 21 07:17:28 PST 2010

> This is what I found so far. All the memories seem to download just
> fine. But all the names of the banks did not download.

Oh, I didn't realize you could name the banks on the 880 (I haven't used
it much).  I can see about adding that.

> There is also no provision in Chirp for the radio settings. What happens
> to those settings when the memory file is changed and then uploaded to
> the radio? Same question as it applies to the memory bank names?

Correct, that's not what I've focused on.  That is very different for
each radio, as you can imagine, so it will be a huge amount of work.  It
definitely needs to be done, but it's a lot of work.

You are downloading an image of the radio.  It contains all the memories
and all the settings.  While CHIRP can't show you the settings, they're
all still there and will be unharmed when you program it.

dsmith#danplanet.com, s/#/@/