[chirp_users] Interesting Compatibility Issue

Dan Smith
Sat Sep 5 05:37:48 PDT 2009

> I used Chirp plus a CSV file to load my 2820.  Worked well until I
> realized you can put over 100 channels in a bank with chirp.  If you use
> Icom CS afterwards, the Icom SW doesn't like over 100 channels in a
> bank.  The radio doesn't seem to mind, though.  Not a problem - just
> interesting.  steve nu5d

Hah, yeah, that is interesting.  The way it works in the radio is pretty
straightforward, so putting more memories in a bank is physically
possible.  However, I'm surprised the radio allows it because in most
other places, the radio is rather obsessive about the data you write
into it and will fail the clone if certain constraints are not met.

Anyway, it's probably something I need to fix in CHIRP anyway,
especially for the direct-entry in the UI, just to help avoid mistakes.

Thanks!

dsmith#danplanet.com, s/#/@/