[chirp_users] more help with Mac OS

Debbie Fligor
Mon May 18 10:23:34 PDT 2009

Okay, sometimes I'm just dense.

I made two code changes, which took care of my problem (I probably
only needed one, but hey...)

in platform.py on line 219:

  return sorted(glob.glob("/dev/ttyS*") + glob.glob("/dev/ttyUSB*") +
glob.glob("/dev/cu.usbser*") + glob.glob("/dev/tty.Key*"))

I added the /dev/tty.Key* option to go with the other ones  had I
looked this up, a symlink to /dev/ttyUSB* (without the "." between tty
and USB) would have probably worked too.

and in ic9x.py on line 306 I replaced the default serial port you had
listed with mine:

         r = IC9xRadioB(serial.Serial(port="/dev/tty.KeySerial1",

I think perhaps that the first one is what the overall code needs, but
the second one is what showed up in my serial port choice window
(which I got to with no error) and since I found it first and it
worked I left it.