[chirp_users] 91-A with 121 - B bank is fine - A bank does not work

Dan Smith
Sun May 3 16:21:45 PDT 2009

> I am sure someone has asked this question but here goes anyway.

Actually, you're the first :)

> I purchased a 91-AD and have programmed it's memory banks A and B.
> I then purchase a 91-A with a 121 chip..  While it was possible to
> get my B bank into my B bank I am unable to make an excel file of my
> A bank to get it into my A bank on the 91-A.  Is there some way
> around this or is there a way to print out what is in the A bank on
> the 91-AD and put it into my excel spread sheet and then export that
> into my 91-A using CHIRP?

Well, I guess I would expect the A band of a 91A and 91AD to be the
same, since the D-STAR chip doesn't really affect the A band.
However, there must be something different about it.

Can you download the A band from the 91A?  Can you make a change to a
single memory directly in CHIRP?

So, send me a debug.log of the least-advanced thing that fails.
Either a download, a single change, or the import.  I'll see if I can
diagnose from here, although without a 91A here to play with, it might
be a little difficult.

Thanks!

dsmith#danplanet.com, s/#/@/