[chirp_users] CHIRP 0.1.9b12

Dan Smith
Fri May 1 17:35:57 PDT 2009

> Confirmed and thank you...

Excellent :)

> Just a suggestion, but as people probably use the Call channels a
> lot, how about adding them to the normal Memory Range when reading
> memories (in a future release), rather than having to tick on
> Special Channels to read them.

Well, that's certainly an option.  However, I think I'd rather move
towards a set of preferences that lets you specify whether you want to
see them by default or not.  That would be better, no? :)

> I couldn't replicate this on my 92AD.

Well, that's good I guess :)

> Nope, good to go from my perspective.

Excellent, I'll try to get it formalized and on the download page this
evening.

> I presume this will (probably) be the Dayton release in which case
> congratulations are in order.  CHIRP is only about 9 months old from
> when you first mentioned the concept to now and I personally
> consider it a valuable tool.  This is especially impressive given
> your parallel development of D-RATS.

Thanks a lot Dave!  Unfortunately, D-RATS gets most of my time, so
there definitely hasn't been 9 months of CHIRP development.  Hopefully
some people at Dayton will be interested and will help push me to do
more on it :)

dsmith#danplanet.com, s/#/@/