[chirp_users] CHIRP 0.1.9b6

Dan Smith
Wed Mar 18 06:54:17 PDT 2009

> Not quite as there were no memory gaps in the radio... Mems 00 - 100 are
> all in use in Band A, however CHIRP reported that Mems 10 - 15, 22 - 33,
> etc had nothing programmed in them and displayed incorrect Memory
> positions for that data.
>
> Not sure if that is clear or not, so I'll try a different description...
> The data is there in CHIRP, but as indicated earlier, it does not match
> the Memory location on the radio.  CHIRP appears to be putting gaps in
> to the list.

Oh, how bizarre!

> Understand that.  No, that is not what I was seeing.  It was downloading
> all 845 memories each time.

Bah, okay.

> OK, just tried it on Band B and had the same results, ie CHIRP indicates
> that Mems 0 - 09, 16 - 21, 34 - 35, 64 - 69 are displayed, whereas the
> radio shows that Mems 0 - 23, 40 - 45, 50 - 73 are all in use.  The data
> is all there, but the Radio Mems don't line up with the CHIRP Mems.

Hmm, okay.  Well, my radio is definitely not as packed as yours so I
must have missed that behavior due to the gaps I do have.

Well, that's why I said it needed lots of testing.  I literally re-wrote
every line of the 9x driver in an afternoon.  The bad side is that it's
apparently now broken, but the good side is that it's much cleaner and
easier to fix! :)

Thanks Dave!

dsmith#danplanet.com, s/#/@/