[chirp_users] CHIRP 0.1.9b6

David Tilson
Tue Mar 17 20:03:08 PDT 2009

G'day Dan,

I've just installed version 0.1.9b6 on WinXP here.

First set of tests.

Connect to IC-92AD Band A and download memory contents.

Even though CHIRP was displaying 00 - 25 as the initial range, it
downloaded in excess of 800 memories (I'm guessing the 800 + 45 special
mems), however it did not display all of the memories between 00 and 25
as I would have expected.  It displayed 0 - 9 and then 16 - 21, followed
by 34 - 37.  Everything else was missing, however when I looked at the
debug log it had read 845 memories.

I then looked at the contents of Mem 10 (on the radio) and it matched
Mem 16 in CHIRP, likewise Mem 11 on the radio matched Mem 17 in CHIRP,
etc.  I checked Mem 22 (on the radio) as the next break in the memory
map and it matched Mem 34 on CHIRP.

I then instructed the CHIRP to read mems 00 - 800 and Mem 100 (on the
radio) matched Mem 258 on CHIRP.  By the time I got to Mem 799 on the
radio I had 1920 memories according to CHIRP.  If only it were true, as
I could really use the additional memories :)

I repeated this exercise twice, after exiting / restarting, with the
same results.

One other thing I noticed was that even though CHIRP downloaded the
entire contents of Band A, without prompting when it was initially
connected, if I instructed CHIRP to display 00 - 800, it would download
the entire contents again.

I'll send the debug log to you directly, but from the few that I checked
the memories match up correctly in the log.

Regards,

David Tilson, VK3UR