[chirp_users] MacOS Version of Chirp

Dan Smith
Tue Mar 3 06:56:20 PST 2009

> I can run Chirp 0.1.8 on Leopard if I do the following:
>
> I have installed the python 'serial' and 'gtk' packages through
> macports. Therefore I need to include the statement:
>
> export PYTHONPATH=/opt/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages
>
> into my environment startup file. You may have a different place.

So you're running it with the stock python, but using serial and gtk
from MacPorts?  Does Leopard include python-2.5?

I'm going to add the required bits to the build scripts so that we can
generate .app packages of CHIRP (as I do for D-RATS).  This should make
it considerably easier for the average Mac user.

> I also needed to alter a line in 'Platform.py' because of the slightly
> different names of the USB serial ports. I changed it to:

Stuart officially fixed this over the weekend and it's now committed
upstream.

Thanks!

dsmith#danplanet.com, s/#/@/