[chirp_users] CHIRP 0.1.8

Dan Smith
Fri Feb 13 16:51:54 PST 2009

> When importing a CSV file into an IC-2820 with CHIRP all looks fine,
> however if you then open it up with the CS-2820 program some, not
> all, of the DSQL fields display "error" and the CODE field displays
> "127" instead of "00".  This is occuring on some DV memory channels,
> but fairly consistently.  I cleaned up a ICF file, then went through
> the process a couple of times importing a CSV file through CHIRP and
> it happened on each occasion.

Okay, I was able to reproduce this issue and I have a fix for it.  It's
not actually something CHIRP was doing, but rather something it wasn't
doing that was the problem.  Apparently when you switch to DV mode on
the radio or CS-2820, there is a bit of logic to clear/reset/initialize
two of the bytes in the memory location that pertain to the
DSQL/CSQL/code values.  CHIRP wasn't doing that, and thus whatever
garbage was there before remained, and CS-2820 didn't like it.

So, I've got a fix to clear those values *if* we're setting a non-DV
memory to DV mode.  The reason I'm doing this instead of blindly
resetting them is so that if you've set the values in your radio (since
CHIRP doesn't support them), I don't want to clobber them.  Thus, to see
this fix, you'll need to do something like reset your radio and
re-import from CSV or some such (let me know if that doesn't make any
sense).

Anyway, give 0.1.9b4 a shot and let me know if it fixes the issue for you.

> On a secondary issue, I discovered yesterday when importing a CSV
> file into the IC-92AD, with CHIRP 0.1.8, that if a frequency is out
> of range (example: 136.6375, instead of 146.6375) then CHIRP locked
> up and had to be killed / restarted.

I have not been able to replicate this with 0.1.9b3.  Can you?  If you
can, perhaps you can send me the CSV file you're importing, and perhaps
an ICF of your radio that I can import into mine before I try the import.

Also, if you have a debug log of this particular scenario, it might have
something useful in it.

Thanks!

dsmith#danplanet.com, s/#/@/