[chirp_users] working with channel ranges that are empty?

Dan Smith
Thu Aug 6 07:01:31 PDT 2009

> Trying to edit a range of channels that are empty in my 91ad.  I select
> the channel range, hit the "go" button, but I don't have any channel
> parameters to edit... I.E no freqnency/offset/channel name etc... Am I
> doing something wrong?

I assume you're talking about a range of channels within the radio that
are currently empty, right?

Right now, CHIRP behaves differently from the ICOM CS-* software in that
it doesn't show empty memory channels as empty, it just doesn't show
them at all.

I recently converted the D-STAR callsign editor boxes from this sort of
behavior to showing all slots, even if empty.  What do people think
about doing the same for the memory editor?

dsmith#danplanet.com, s/#/@/