[chirp_users] CHIRP 0.1.7b5

David Tilson
Mon Oct 20 15:30:46 PDT 2008

G'day Dan,

>> If we can get rid of the dependence of having to have the radio
>> sitting on a DV memory before any transfers take place I think that a

>> lot of headaches would be minimised :)

> Yeah, I agree.  I've spent quite a bit of time working on this with no

> progress.  It's pretty freaking annoying, but I don't want to just
spend
> all of my time on it.

No dramas.

>> I then unchecked the Confirm Overwrite field and
>> tried again, but once again it overwrote the data without prompting.

> That checkbox makes it prompt you when you change the location of a
> memory to something that conflicts with something already in the
radio.
> If you're just doing an import without moving things around, then it
> never does that check.

That didn't occur in this case.  I tried to overwrite an existing memory
with different data (in this case a different frequency (all other data
was the same) and it didn't prompt either way.

> I'd prefer it to do that check when you change a memory, instead of
all
> at once when you click the OK button or something.  So:

How about this concept, if it is not too difficult...
Prompt at the time the first record conflict is encountered.  Display
the old and proposed entries and offer the options "Replace Yes, No, Yes
to All, No to All"  If Yes or No options are selected the same prompt
will occur on the next conflict.  The "to All" options would remove the
requirement for further prompts for the rest of the Import.  This
concept would allow you to remove the checkbox all together.

Cheers,

Davidt, VK3UR