[chirp_users] CHIRP 0.1.8b5

Dan Smith
Sun Nov 30 09:05:07 PST 2008

Hi all,

I just posted 0.1.8b5 with the following changes:

- Fixed up some of the callsign programming logic on 800, 2200, x82
- Added SKIP and bank information to CSV and Chirp files
- Added CSV header check on import/open
- Added error messages for any bad CSV data
- Improve thread performance when using 9x radios
- Added bank name editor for 2820 and 9x radios
- Changed the display of callsigns in the memory editor to use
  fixed-width fonts for better alignment
- Added View->Columns selection to allow limiting the view to only
  columns of interest

Note that this change breaks the schema for the .chirp files from
previous releases.  In doing so, it also adds a version number so that
hopefully we can tolerate changes like this in the future with more grace :)

I think this is pretty much where we need to be, feature-wise.  If
anyone finds any (new) bugs, please let me know.  Otherwise, I think I'd
like to call this the official 0.1.8 and move on to some of the other
GUIish features we've been discussing.

Thanks!

dsmith#danplanet.com, s/#/@/