[chirp_users] CHIRP 0.1.8b4

Dan Smith
Mon Nov 24 17:04:02 PST 2008

Hi all,

I just posted version 0.1.8b4 with the following changes:

- Added real IC-V82 support
- Added ability to convert a .ICF file to a .IMG file
- Make File->Open browse box have appropriate filters
- Add bank support to all radios

Note that the ICF conversion only works for the clone-style radios, so
it won't work on an ICF from RS-91 or RS-92.  It has only had minimal
testing, but seems to work for me.

I still haven't made a decision on what to do on the filter issue for
the export box, so no change has been made to this yet.

The bank support seems to work for me.  I don't have a GUI yet for
setting the bank names on the 2820, 91, or 92.  I'll get to it, but this
should work for now.

I didn't (remember to) add the skip flag into the CSV file, nor have I
added the bank stuff yet.  I haven't settled on the internal
representation for the latter, and don't want to expose an external
interface for it until I do.  Oh, and neither skip nor bank info is in
the .chirp file yet either :)

dsmith#danplanet.com, s/#/@/