[chirp_users] Lost!

Dan Smith
Fri Nov 21 13:44:12 PST 2008

Hi Dave,

> It has been some time since I used chirps to any degree and I now see
> that CSV dump is gone for the option to export to a radio.chirp file.
> Could someone explain the value of this. How do you use it? With CSV
> dump I was able to import and arrnage the data with excell, cut and
> paste and then import back into shirp. How is this accomplished now?  I
> have looked on the WIKI page and see nothing.

If you look back at some of the discussion we've had here, we talked
about the fact that if you do an "export" from chirp itself, it suggests
a .chirp file.  If you change that to .csv when you give it a filename,
it will do a CSV export instead.  The wiki could definitely use a note
about this.

The .chirp file format currently has all the same information in it as a
CSV file, but it won't be that way for long.  Soon, I'll start adding
things like bank information and other configuration parameters to it,
which a CSV file can't really handle.

dsmith#danplanet.com, s/#/@/