[chirp_users] CHIRP 0.1.8b7

Dan Smith
Thu Dec 4 17:54:14 PST 2008

Hi all,

I just posted b7 with the following changes:

- D-STAR support for IC-x82
- Fixed up setting bank back to None
- Fix ic9x bank index being 0 instead of -1, thus avoiding auto-set
- Add a "Special Memories" check box at the top to show/hide them
- Make all radios return all special memory locations all the time
- Improve automatic bank index selection
- Avoid loading the callsign lists at startup for radios that don't
  require them.  Instead load on the first attempt to show the D-STAR
  tab.

I still haven't added the special memory support to import/export, nor
have I added the conversion of bank index to letters.  Nor have I added
the bank index collision detection.

Dave T, I hope you appreciate the last item in the changed list.  I got
so tired of waiting for those big lists to download *every* time I
opened up the 92 :)

I think I'm going to fix up bank-index-to-letter bit for import/export
and then call 0.1.8 good, barring any other actual bugs.  I wanted to
release 0.1.8 a while ago with mostly just individual memory field
completeness, but the special memory support has been quite a can of
worms.  We've got a lot of things to fix that are all GUI-related that I
want to tackle in 0.1.9, and thus want to avoid the scope of 0.1.8
creeping any further.  That, and I have several things I have to do to
D-RATS that I've been ignoring :)

dsmith#danplanet.com, s/#/@/