[chirp_devel] New Driver Doesn't Pass Tests

Joe Milbourn
Mon Nov 16 08:37:06 PST 2020

Hi Jim,

On 13 Nov 20, Jim Unroe via chirp_devel said:
> I'm about to submit a new radio driver, but while testing I see that
> it crashes the Edges and BruteForce tests.

>       TYT TH-UV88       Edges      CRASHED: None is not in list

You might take a look in chirp.hg/tests/logs/ and see what you find there.  If
I "assert False" in the AnyTone 778UV driver set_settings() then I see
something like this:

	$ python2 tests/run_tests.py -d AnyTone_778UV
	  AnyTone 778UV         Detect      PASSED: All tests
	  AnyTone 778UV         Settings   CRASHED:
	  AnyTone 778UV         Clone       PASSED: All tests
	  AnyTone 778UV         Edges       PASSED: All tests
	  AnyTone 778UV         BruteForce  PASSED: All tests
	  AnyTone 778UV         CopyAll     PASSED: All tests
	  AnyTone 778UV         Banks      SKIPPED: Banks not supported
	Results:
	  TOTAL  : 7
	  FAILED : 0
	  SKIPPED: 1
	  PASSED : 5
	  CRASHED: 1
	$ cat tests/logs/AnyTone_778UV_Settings.log
	---- Begin test Settings ----

	Args were: ([<chirp.settings.RadioSettingGroup object at 0x7ff84ca7a590>, <chirp.settings.RadioSettingGroup object at 0x7ff84ca6a650>],){}
	Traceback (most recent call last):
	  File "tests/run_tests.py", line 147, in do
		ret = fn(*args, **kwargs)
	  File "../chirp/drivers/anytone778uv.py", line 990, in set_settings
		assert False
	AssertionError

	... snip ...

	---- End test Settings ----

Cheers,
Joe

--
This is all because respectable scientists don't get invited to “those kinds
of parties.”