[chirp_devel] Add new radio Icom IC-E90/T90/T90A

Jaroslav Skarvada
Thu Sep 19 05:32:04 PDT 2019

If you are not familiar with the CHIRP devel branch, patches, etc...
then probably the easiest way how to try is to clone out my github
devel repo (which is actually CHIRP devel branch snapshot with my patches on top
of it - I also sent them to CHIRP upstream):

$ git clone https://github.com/yarda/chirp.git
$ cd chirp
./chirpw

and then select the ICOM IC-E90 radio. The autodetection should also
work, but I havent' tried.

One thing I forgot to mention in the previous mail is the bank
management. I used CHIRP icf driver for it, but it's not optimal.
E.g. if you move channels in the memory, you need to edit banks
by hand, but unfortunately I haven't found a way how to do it
better.

For reference there is a CHIRP ticket [1] about adding
support for this radio

73! Jaroslav, OK2JRQ

[1] https://chirp.danplanet.com/issues/579