[chirp_devel] Add new radio Icom IC-E90/T90/T90A

Jaroslav Skarvada
Thu Sep 19 04:40:56 PDT 2019

Hi,

attached is the patch adding support for Icom IC-E90/T90/T90A
radios and memory map for this radio.

The radio is a bit tricky - it has multiple special channels and
TV channels (well analog TV is a bit off-topic today, but
I wanted to support all features of this radio). I added
TV channels as a subdevice, because I have no better idea
how to do it.

Also I had to modify the icf driver a bit, because it seems
the clone status doesn't work with this radio. Maybe I am
just missing something here, but I wasn't able to persuade
my radio to behave this way. The proposed icf driver change
should be harmless for other ICOM radios, because it's adding
new option and the memory size calculation should be backward
compatible.

One test from the testsuite is failing:

./run_tests.py -d 'Icom_IC-E90'
     Icom IC-E90        Detect      PASSED: All tests
     Icom IC-E90        Settings    PASSED: All tests
     Icom IC-E90        Clone       PASSED: All tests
     Icom IC-E90        Edges       FAILED: Field `name' is ` ', expected `'
     Icom IC-E90        BruteForce  PASSED: All tests
     Icom IC-E90        CopyAll     PASSED: All tests
     Icom IC-E90        Banks       PASSED: All tests
     Icom IC-E90 TV     Detect      PASSED: All tests
     Icom IC-E90 TV     Settings    PASSED: All tests
     Icom IC-E90 TV     Clone       PASSED: All tests
     Icom IC-E90 TV     Edges       FAILED: Field `name' is ` ', expected `'
     Icom IC-E90 TV     BruteForce  PASSED: All tests
     Icom IC-E90 TV     CopyAll     PASSED: All tests
     Icom IC-E90 TV     Banks      SKIPPED: Banks not supported
Results:
  TOTAL  : 14
  FAILED : 2
  SKIPPED: 1
  PASSED : 11
  CRASHED: 0

But by inspection of the logs (see bellow) I am not sure whether there
is a bug in my driver or in the test suite: