[chirp_devel] Getting started with development

David Purrington
Mon Sep 19 05:22:43 PDT 2016

I’d like to contribute but I’m having a hard time getting started with builds and tests. Are there notes anywhere on how to get going (e.g., installing prereqs)? I’ve looked all around for them, including in the repo and haven’t been able to locate them. run_all_tests.sh fails, so I know I’m not ready to start making changes. setup.py also fails because I’m missing libxml2, although I have installed it.

FWIW, I’m on OS X - El Capitan. Maybe it’s not even possible on this OS (although that would be weird since I can actually run CHIRP on it).

Thanks for any help you can offer,
Dave
KC1GES