[chirp_devel] support 'split'/'-'/''/'+' frequency modes on only some channels and still pass unit tests?

Tom Hayward
Wed Sep 21 09:15:37 PDT 2016

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 8:16 AM, Leo Bärring via chirp_devel
<chirp_devel at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:
> So far so good. The problem is that what modes to support is declared once,
> and for the whole radio,
> so for rf.valid_duplexes I put all of them, and if the user tries to set a
> mode that is not supported
> for that particular memory, it is converted to one that is, e.g:
>> Memory#1: freq = 456.0, offset = 0.7, duplex = '+'
> when stored to the memory map, turns into:
>> Memory#1: freq = 456.0, offset = 456.7, duplex = 'split'

Good, this is how we do it on many radios.

> This of course messes up testing, because when reading back that memory from
> the map, things will
> have changed from when it was put there from a high level perspective.

We do this often enough that I think it must pass the tests. Which
test fails? When I test your code, it fails early due to invalid
default values (we discussed this), so I have not seen the failure
message related to offset/split. Can you provide the test log or code
to reproduce a failure in an offset/split test?

Tom KD7LXL