[chirp_devel] Driver Testing by Non-developer Users

Jim Unroe
Fri Nov 18 10:49:18 PST 2016

I am trying to work with a user to get his radio supported by CHIRP.
The model (Baofeng UV-6R) is a supported model, but it is a different
firmware version and it behaves a little different in the cloning
process.

I can send him modified uv6r.py files that he can use the "Load
module" feature to test the changes. The issue is that this driver
depends on the baofeng_common.py driver for the cloning process
itself. I can modify this driver and send it to him, but even after
continues to be used.

My question is what do I have to do to be able to allow this user to
use a modified baofeng_common.py driver?

Thanks,
Jim KC9HI