[chirp_devel] Aliasing for radio clones

Jim Unroe
Fri Nov 18 10:26:16 PST 2016

The "Alising for radio clones" wiki page says the followiong...

<quote>
For example, if you read and save an image of a Juentai JT-6188 Mini,
when you re-open it from the file in your hard drive, you will find
Chirp telling you that this image is for a QYT KT-8900, not the
Juentai JT-6188 Mini. This is completely normal and you are safe using
it for your clone radio.
</quote>

and this

<quote>
Once you want to save a copy of your radio data you will find Chirp is
suggesting you to use the {vendor}_{model}_{date}.img schema, for the
above example you will receive the suggestion to use this:
Juentai_JT-6188 Mini_{date}.img
</quote>

I don't find that his is the case. As soon as the download is
finished, CHIRP displays the {vendor}_{model} of the radio that the
selection is an alias of.

Is this wiki incorrect or am I implementing the "alias" feature incorrectly?

Reference: http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Aliasing_for_radio_clones

Jim