[chirp_devel] Need help in testing changes in btech-Driver

Jim Unroe
Fri Nov 11 18:06:14 PST 2016

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 4:58 PM, Michael Wagner via chirp_devel
<chirp_devel at intrepid.danplanet.com> wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
>> I will try to provide a patch that handles 0xFF by setting the same defaults as the OEM-SW in the next few days.
>
> Attached you can find an improved version - it assumes default-values when the 5-Tone settings are empty (instead of crashing or disabling settings ;-) ).
>
> Could you please give feedback about the working models? I tested it with the Mini-8900 test-image, but I have no radio/OEM-Sw to cross check.
>
> 73,
> Michael

Michael,

As far as I can tell, this is working for BTech UV-2501, UV-5001 and
UV-2501+220 radios and also the Luiton LT-588UV Radio. I uploaded to
all 4 radios using the OEM software to preload the valid 5-tone
settings. The settings values of the OEM software match the values in
CHIRP.

As far as I can tell from looking at the various OEM software, all of
the radios of this type support the DTMF, 2-Tone and 5-Tone signaling.
So I feel that these settings can be made available for all radio
models supported by this driver.

Jim