[chirp_devel] Need help in testing changes in btech-Driver

Michael Wagner
Tue Nov 8 23:19:44 PST 2016

Hi Jim,

> Here is the problem. All of these radios are shipped from the factory
with no values in most of these settings. So when you load an image
that was initially created from a radio with factory settings, there
will be no values for these settings. The DTMF settings will be OK,
but the 2-tone and 5-tone settings panels will have to fields to enter
values.

Thanks for the clarification - I noticed that in the test-images all the 5-Tone-Settings where filled with 0xFF , and thought this means that this radio does not support 5-Tones at all.
I will try to provide a patch that handles 0xFF by setting the same defaults as the OEM-SW in the next few days.

73,
Michael, OE4AMW