[chirp_devel] FT1900R

Tom Hayward
Sat Mar 23 11:38:39 PDT 2013

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 11:24 AM, Ran Giladi <ran at bgu.ac.il> wrote:
> And one more thing I saw: There are two tone fields in the memory structure.
> It seems that the FT1900 keeps the CTCSS/DCS for transmit and for receive
> separately, with the receive tone in the first field, and the send tone in
> the latter. In Reading you don’t see the problem, but when writing and
> trying to use – it lucks the send tone frequency (or  there is one that
> remains in the memory).
>

> I believe this should be corrected in the code, i.e., more fields in the
> channel tables…

Yeah, the FT-1900 is a different radio than the FT-1802, so once you
identify the differences you'll have to update the code to suit.

Usually the first tone field will be used for encode when in Tone
mode, and the second tone field will be used for encode and decode
when in TSql mode. If the FT-1900 supports cross tones there may be a
configuration where both fields are used.

Tom KD7LXL