[chirp_devel] CHIRP programming

Ran Giladi
Fri Mar 22 13:59:56 PDT 2013

A) You coded in the FT1800 _model="AH023". Does this has any meaning? Should I change it?
B) The log starts with the following. What does this means? Model?

User selected Yaesu FT-1900R on port /dev/ttyUSB0
Clone thread started
000: 56 43 32 33 00 02 46 01   VC23..F.
008: 01 01 00 00 00 00 00 00   ........

Clone completed in 18 seconds
Checksum 0000-1F49 (@1F4A): OK
Clone thread ended

-----Original Message-----
From: esarfl at gmail.com [mailto:esarfl at gmail.com] On Behalf Of Tom Hayward
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2013 10:46 PM
To: ran at bgu.ac.il
Subject: Re: [chirp_devel] CHIRP programming

Not surprising. The FT-1900 is significantly different than the FT-1802, and you will need to rewrite the code. Don't worry about the errors for now. Like I suggested before, just save an img file, make a change on the radio, then save another img file. Use hexdump and diff to spot differences in the files and from there you can start rewriting your ft1900.py module to match what you find.

Tom