[chirp_devel] Patch for #681: Add support for band plans

Sean Burford
Tue Mar 12 17:20:52 PDT 2013

Hi,

Please find attached a patch to add band plans.  It replaces "Automatic
Repeater Offsets".

When you have a band plan selected and you modify a frequency, the band
plan code looks up the frequency and sets:
  - The default mode.
  - The default repeater offset.
  - The default tune step.
There is also support in the band plan for tones, but it isn't plumbed
through yet.

You can select multiple plans because, for example, you might want both an
IARU plan and a country plan.

chirpui/bandplans.py is the API for accessing band plans.
 chirp/bandplan_*.py are the technical details of each band plan.
 bandplans.py is in the UI directory because it deals with config, which
appears to be used exclusively from the chirpui directory.

The format in bandplan_au.py is the format I prefer.  The format in
bandplan_na.py is carried over from chirp_common.py and should be replaced
by the new format once we agree on how it should look.

I've left placeholders for the IARU band plans (eg.
http://www.iaru-r2.org/band-plan/).  We can add them to the UI once they
have been populated.

While testing this I noticed that there are multiple instances of the
config class, with different and overlapping lifetimes.  This means that
sometimes configuration changes are applied and sometimes they are not.
 That is a separate issue.

--
Sean Burford <sburford at google.com>