[chirp_devel] vx-8 banks index out of range error

Robert Terzi
Sun Mar 10 16:56:07 PDT 2013

On 3/10/2013 6:07 PM, Sean Burford wrote:
> From the output it appears that one or more of the channel numbers is outside of the bounds 000 - 900.

That's correct.  I dug into it a bit.  The bank that is causing the problem
has a couple of Marine VHF channels stored in it.  I had forgotten that I
had set that up.  Banks can store channels from the pre-programmed memories.

The first one it is hitting which triggers the error is VHF Channel 9 which has
an index of 0x2808.   Marine VHF 16 is 0x280f.

> I've also been meaning to look into why generating the bank page takes 48
>seconds on my CPU.  Seems like it's doing something a bit poorly.

The problem is easy to spot with the debugging print I put in for above.
For each channel, it is getting/setting up the whole bank structure, in
order to find out what banks it is in.   If you've got 900 memories
and 24 banks, get_bank_memories will get called 21,600 times.