[chirp_devel] Ubuntu 12.04 with Python 2.7

The Silver Fox
Mon Mar 4 14:43:09 PST 2013

I struggled for many hours trying to get the Quansheng radio to reliably
respond to the program without success.  Eventually, I wrote a program to go
through all the variables with the serial port.
While it may only be my system, the serial software appeared to be using
random pieces of the previous setting and not implementing the settings I
was setting.  That is, when I opened and set the serial parameters, I
queried the settings and did not get what I expected.  Again, I suspect my
system but now I assume that it is the root cause of my symptoms.  Offered
for those who may have similar results.
73,
Alan - W6ARH