[chirp_devel] #553 Icom ID-51 support

Dan Smith
Tue Feb 19 06:38:26 PST 2013

> Okay, here is my ID-51 (id51.py) new driver.  Also included is an
> image file for same.

Could you put it into the proper patch format?

http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/DevelopersProcess#Submitting-a-patch

> I also included a modified id31.py file to handle modulation modes
> the way I do for the ID-51;  if you do two regular diffs, you can see
> how minimal the changes are, between both it and my id51.py, and
> between it and the repository version of id31.py.  The only thing
> that I didn't retrofit into id31.py, is the "char tag[4]" line.  I
> need to look at a real ID-31 .ICF file to see if that field is really
> there (I suspect it is).  While I have the Icom CS-31 software
> installed, remember that it needs to be "primed" with a radio load or
> a .ICF file to set the country version in Icom's software.  I have
> someone that I can get an ID-31 .ICF file from, and will check it.

It would be really great to have this as a patch.

> I didn't use the one in tests/images because there isn't one.

There is, but I suppose you're using a tarball snapshot which perhaps
doesn't have it:

% ls tests/images/Icom_ID-31A.img -l
-rw-r--r-- 1 dan dan 86K May  6  2012 tests/images/Icom_ID-31A.img

> Remember, this version generates the following messages to stdout
> when loading the ID-51 .ICF file:
>
> /chirpw:136: Warning: g_value_type_compatible: assertion
> `G_TYPE_IS_VALUE (src_type)' failed//
> //  gtk.main()//
> //chirpw:136: Warning: gsignal.c:2964: invalid object type `//
> //  gtk.main()/
>
> I have no idea what those are.

They're harmless GTK warnings, and unrelated to your changes.

Thanks!