[chirp_devel] Ack

Sean Burford
Tue Feb 12 20:57:52 PST 2013

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 9:06 AM, Dan Smith <dsmith at danplanet.com> wrote:

> > I subscribed to chirp_devel in digest mode.  I've switched to per
> > message mode, and I just wanted to let you know I have read your
> > messages via that web interface and intend on:
> > Resending the patch with the headers you want.
>
> Cool. Let us know if you need help.
>
> > Looking at bug #409.
>
> Suh-weet, thanks :)

There is an array of 6 VFO info structures of 128 bytes each starting at
064A in the dump.   Each structure ends with a single checksum byte.
 Structures 0/1 are VFO A, 2/3 are VFO B and 4/5 might be a scratch area or
the fm broadcast receiver.  The checksum and duplication appears to be
protection against power failure during structure updates (if 0 is corrupt
use 1 etc).  I've identified the field that seems to govern whether banks
are available (u16 at offset 000A).  It's FFFF until the manual workaround
is applied, after which it is the active bank number.  I've got more
experimentation to do to identify more fields.

--
Sean