[chirp_devel] #112: Memory bank support for VX-8

Jon Kåre Hellan
Tue May 17 08:11:38 PDT 2011

On 05/17/2011 01:04 AM, Dan Smith wrote:
>> The manual shows a bank named '2 m amateur band' - 15 letters. So the 10
>> bytes are probably used for longer names. Could the 0x0 bytes be used to
>> store name length, if it is "extra" length? I don't own a VX-8, so I
>> can't try.
>
> Yep, looks like it. Attached is an image with Bank1's name set to "BANK
> 1AAAAAAAAAA".

Great.

Here's a patch which implements get_banks for VX-3, VX-6 and VX-8. It
returns a list of 24 bank names.

For VX-6, I've also implemented get_bank_channels. For bank number n, it
returns the list of channels belonging to the bank.

No UI and no writing back yet. A channel can belong to any combination
of banks.

Jon LA4RT