[chirp_devel] #112: Memory bank support for VX-8

Jon Kåre Hellan
Fri May 13 09:32:31 PDT 2011

On 05/13/2011 05:21 PM, Robert Terzi wrote:
> Is the first step documenting how the VX-8 banks are
> stored in the memory image?   Has anyone started on this
> with the VX-8 or similar Yaesu?

Not for the -8, but I've done it for the -6. In bitwise syntax, it is

#seekto 0x018A;
u16 bank_sizes[24];

#seekto 0x097A;
struct {
   u8 name[6];
} bank_names[24];

#seekto 0x0C0A;
struct {
   u16 channel[100];
} bank_members[24];

bank sizes:   (N-1)*2, where N is no. of channels in bank.
bank names:   6 bytes per bank. Same charset as channel names.
bank members: 2 bytes per member. Channel number, zero based. Unused
               slots have ff ff.

Jon LA4RT